The Construction Tenders Program is a procedure to begin the e-government tender construction projects by sending a proposal. The construction firms create the bids based on the bid proposal leading to tender submission. Tendering portals & tender websites play a vital role here. The legally enforceable government tender contract is established after accepting the offer.
Types of Construction Tenders
Here are the different types of Construction Tenders that are further utilized for the e-government tender contracts or construction projects -
- Open Tendering Method: Open tendering allows the consumer to publicize the tender project. It also allows multiple contractors to apply for the tender documentation process.
- Selective Tendering method: Selective Tendering allows the buyer to advertise the bids and tenders project by inviting a selected group of contractors to apply. Here, only pre-selected contractors are allowed for project bidding. These contractors need to pre-qualify the details stated to them.
- The Negotiated Tendering method allows the buyer to invite his favourite contractor to submit the project price. It's usually done when there is a necessity for special equipment that can be used as additional support to the current or upcoming work based upon the previous contract. The engineering and construction fields effectively use the negotiation tendering method.
- Term Tendering Method: The term tendering method is awarded to contractors for covering multiple buildings at various locations. Term-tendering's widespread use is in maintenance projects. It's restricted to a fixed time and might be extended according to the client's needs.
- Serial Tendering Method: Serial Tendering allows the bidder to formulate the bid proposal depending on the quantity bill and preset organized work. These rates help maintain the results over similar projects.
The Construction Tender Procurement Process
Here is the conventional construction tender e-procurement process -
- Tender Advertisement/Tender Notice: The public tender notice is published in the local newspaper. It contains the basic e-tender details like fees, location, project title, contractor class, date/time for tender submission, etc.
- Tender Closure: The business tender is closed if the contractors fail to submit bid proposals on or before the specified date & time.
- Tender Validity Period: Contractors can withdraw from the tender bidding during the validity period. Such a period helps to examine & analyze every bid proposal offered.
- Pre-Tender Stage: A consultant is appointed by the client to take his advice on tender management. They work together & decide location, budget, time & project feasibility.
- Tender Assessment Program: Tenders are evaluated on the preset criteria when the tender opens. The Quantity Surveyor presents the report and his findings through graphs & tables. He suggests the most suitable tenderer to undertake the project implementation part.
- Tender Award: Each participating contractor, whether successful or not, is notified regarding the tender results & tender award-winning team in letter format by the extender admins.
The business tenders are proposed to ensure that the work is accomplished appropriately without any bias. Having a sound understanding & proficiency in the e-procurement procedures helps in better tender bidding. It allows you to see all the bid proposals alternatives & the best public tenders you should go ahead with for tender bidding purposes.
No Tenders Available